S.O.U.L. Sisters Leadership Collective NYC is seeking a Teaching Artist for mid-April to mid-June to work with high-school aged girls, femmes, and gender non-conforming youth at a youth home located in the Bronx, NY. SSLC is committed to serving systems-involved girls, femmes, and gender non-conforming youth of color with our groundbreaking social justice and leadership development programming that incorporates trauma-informed facilitation practices, healing, storytelling through the arts, and social justice.
We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis until Monday, April 9th, 2018.
- 1 year of experience working with systems-involved youth (i.e. homeless youth, group homes, alternative-to-incarceration programs, juvenile detention centers);
- Expertise in at least one artistic form, ideally visual and/or theater arts.
- Travel to the Bronx 2x/week for programming;
- Co-facilitate 2 1-hour sessions a week with a S.O.U.L. Sisters staff member;
- Commit to 1-hour weekly planning sessions (can be remote);
- Collaborate with co-facilitator to submit documentation of lessons Demonstrate a strong analysis of anti-racist and anti-oppressive principles;
- Interact with youth in alignment our SSLC Principles & Personality.
POC, Women, trans, and gender non-conforming people encouraged to apply! Interested applicants please email Jamy Drapeza a PDF resume with the subject line “NYC Teaching Artist Application” at firstname.lastname@example.org